Blogs, vlogs and other forms of social media are merely vessels containing thoughts and emotions. In themselves, they are not important.
Where they matter is in the use of content to make connections through conversations and help foster a shared sense of community.
Each week, this contest demonstrates creative approaches to building connections and conversations. It’s public relations in action – and I’m very proud to highlight these examples.
This contest will run to Easter, at which point we’ll be shortlisting the leaders before Heather Yaxley will choose the 2017 #bestPRblogs winner at the end of May.
Pick of the week
- Marcel Klebba (Westminster, 3): #4PRQs for: Amanda Coleman of Greater Manchester Police (17 March)
‘It is time to start thinking about having a content strategy and identifying how to make the most from what you have to share.’
- Louise Gould (UWE Bristol, 2): Getting your head around Google (16 March)
‘If the role of PR is to develop relationships with people who matter to the organisation, then you should use all networks available.’
- Orlagh Shanks (Liverpool John Moores, 2): Big fish v small fish – who would you rather be? (16 March)
‘I want to be up there competing with the best of the best so that I can perform at my best.’
- Lauren Old (Sunderland, PG): Dealing with Negativity on Social Media (16 March)
‘By having a business account you are opening yourself up to criticism.’
- Lucy Hayball (Bournemouth, 2): #ThursdayThought on fake news in PR with Francis Ingham (16 March)
‘Who better to quiz [on fake news] than Francis?’
- Robert Leyland (UWE Bristol, 2): Social Media Guidelines: A lesson from my dad (14 March)
I should update my father’s advice: ‘Engage brain before opening Twitter’
- Heather Woodhouse (Birmingham City, 3): PR degree – Is it worth it? (14 March)
Vlog: ‘A PR degree is an excellent way of saying I’ve done these things’
- Loré Adenegan (Edge Hill, 3): How I lost 9 lbs in 2 weeks | Raw vegan diet (14 March)
Vlog: ‘What I really wanted to do was kickstart a new, healthy living routine, regime, thing!’
- Shannon Quinn (Ulster, 3): You are formally invited to… (14 March)
‘I am still only learning when it comes to events-planning and management, but thought I would share the tips and tricks I’ve learned’
Pic of the week
Yvonne Lee (UWE Bristol): @yvonne_lyw on Instagram
Previously featured (appearances)
Loré Adenegan (3) | Liam Bettinson (9) | Michaella Biscomb (1) | Laura Bradley (8) | Laura Chester (1) | Zoe Cooper (4) | Adam Eley (3) | Siobhan Filsell (1) | Charlotte Goss (3) | Louise Gould (1) | Brad Grant (2) | Lucy Hayball (11) | Rosie Heaton (1) | Chris Jenkinson (1) | Abi Kitcher (1) | Marcel Klebba (20) | Robert Leyland (5) | Sarah Lowers (1) | Catriona McAllister (6) | Bridget McLean (4) | Alice Midgley (3) | Samha Ndossy (1) | Lauren Old (17) | Sarah Penny (2) | Chloe Peoples (4) | Shannon Quinn (2) | Sarah Riley (6) | Dan Robinson (1) | Orlagh Shanks (19) | Claire Simpson (1) | Alex Slaine (2) | Alicia Squadrone (4) | Emma Stanfield (4) | Henriette Stoll (2) | Megan Sulley (2) | Chris Thornley (2) | Heather Woodhouse (1)