A weekly online chat for PR professionals is to host a student special next week on 18th October.
CommsChat is a weekly discussion held on Twitter through the use of a hashtag (#commschat) with a different theme each week. Set up by Adam Vincenzini and Emily Cagle, the chat regualrly welcomes guest hosts, with the student special being hosted by Jane Crofts, PR lecturer at the University of Lincoln.
The chat will take place between 8pm and 9pm, October 18th. The question for the student special is ‘Does PR have a duty to tell the truth?’ – so brush up on your ethics!
Questions likely to be asked during the chat are:
1. As a PR professional are you the paid mouth or corporate conscience?
2. In providing PR counsel to your organisation or client what do you hope to achieve?
3. Is PR about persuasion? So, where does truth sit in that?
4. Where does the public interest sit in this? Or do you pander to what is interesting to the public?
5. What is truth – will you still love me in the morning?