The Book Bus is a small UK charity dedicated to promoting literacy in Africa and South America.
We are offering the position of communications officer to a motivated student who shares our joint passions for literacy and overseas travel. The Communications Officer makes a vital contribution to the Foundation’s fundraising and volunteer recruitment efforts by way of enhancing our reputation through sound publicity and PR.
Working within our small, dedicated team requires lots of imaginative and creative thinking with ability to produce results. If you are a journalism or PR student in search of unique work experience for your portfolio, Book Bus would like to hear from you.
What you can expect:
- Experience of web and new media design
- Researching and copywriting for our website and newsletter
- Website editing
- Application of social media
- PR projects
- Good copywriting skills
- Understanding of media and media relations.
- Knowledge of public relations tactics and how to implement them.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing to varying target audiences.
- Ability to use own initiative and prioritise workload.
- Effective team player.
- Accuracy; good attention to detail.
- A passion for books and major interest in the world
The position will be either temporary or part-time depending on study commitments. We are happy to work with course administrators to ensure applicants receive credit for work undertaken. A travel allowance will be paid depending on circumstances.
We can also offer the opportunity to visit one of our projects in Africa. (In-country expenses provided, flights and insurance at own expense.)
In the first instance, send your CV and a covering letter to David Gordon at: email@example.com