We learn of an immediate vacancy for a PR student to support the Communications Manager at Jumeirah Zabeel Saray Palm Resort hotel in Dubai.
(A segment of X Factor has been filmed at the hotel, as was the Mumbai scene from Mission Impossible 4.)
The vacancy is for 6 months on an expenses-plus-accommodation basis (NB placement students will have to fund their own travel to and from Dubai).
The Communications Intern is responsible for assisting the Communications Manager in all PR and media relations activity for Jumeirah Zabeel Saray to ensure quality coverage of the hotel in local and international media.
- To assist the Communications Manager in all onsite activity including but not limited to photo-shoots, filming and site inspections
- To produce high-quality written material for media purposes including press releases, editorials, newsletters, biographies, interviews, Q&As and website and social media content
- To assist with all social media activity
- To provide administration support for the communications function. Administration tasks include but are not limited to completing forms, communicating internally, handling postal requirements and handling invoices
- To contribute ideas to the planning and development of communications strategies
- To develop and maintain target media lists
- To support coordination of activities for media functions, trade shows, road shows, events, etc.
- To handle confidential matters and information with the appropriate level of sensitivity
- To ensure all brand standards are maintained and to help protect the reputation of the hotel and the Jumeirah brand
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require
Candidates are expected to have 5 GCSE passes (or equivalent) plus 3 A levels (or equivalent). Some PR work experience is expected, and experience of working in a large international hospitality environment and of working across cultures is desirable.
Candidates must have excellent written and verbal English and good IT and online/social media skills. Fluency in a second language (Arabic) is desired but not essential.
- AED 1500 per month salary (approx £250 per month)
- Residence Visa provided
- Medical insurance covered
- Accommodation provided
- All meals provided
- Transport to and from place of work provided
Send your CV and a covering letter to PR Manager Katie King: Katie.King@jumeirah.com